My daughter shared this simple mime (rhymes with dream) and I thought I’d play along.
The person who starts, or in her case continues, the mime assigns participants a letter. Each participant takes the assigned letter and lists 10 things she/he loves that start with that letter. I was assigned the letter “B.” So here’s my list, in no particular order (don’t yell at me for talking about dogs first, please; these things are listed randomly):
1. Belle. Belle, pictured below, is our new dog. She’s about 17 months old. She’s currently living with an amazing foster family in West Creek, New Jersey. She’s coming to live with us on January 4. Now that the excitement of Christmas has passed, it’s going to be harder than ever to keep from thinking of her, wishing she’d moved in yesterday!
2. Brittanys. That’s a breed of dog. Of course, it happens to be Belle’s breed. Meg is a Brittany, too. So was C, our first little doggie girl who passed away on November 20. There’s just something special about the breed. Brittanys are typically super-affectionate, very smart, VERY people-oriented dogs. As the American Brittany Rescue Web site will tell you, “If you meet enough Brittanys from different lines, you’ll find that what the breeders tell you is true, Brittanys are not a breed for generalizations. They range from mellow to extremely active, big to small, soft tempered to stubborn. But even Brittanys who run continuously outdoors will most often settle down when inside with their family.”
3. Brianna. She’s my oldest grandchild. She just turned 8 a few days ago. The picture you see at right was taken in May, 2007. But it is one of my favorites.
She was playing softball at the time. Actually, this was taken just after a game/practice.
It’s fun having a granddaughter. One of the cool things about her is that she’s just the right mix of tomboy and girly-girl. She’s pretty smart, too. Sometimes, her questions can be tiring. But I think she’s going to grow up to be a great litigator. Or a scientist.
4. Baby toes. Especially those, pictured at right, belonging to my youngest grandson, Joey. He was only about 3 weeks old when this picture was taken in August of 2007. His toes are bigger now, but still darn cute.
There’s just something fascinating about tiny little baby feet…
5. Bruster’s. That’s just my favorite ice cream chain in the whole world. They’ve only been around since 1989. It’s a chain that started in Bridgewater, Pennsylvania, but is slowly spreading across the country. Their ice cream, made on-site from all-natural ingredients, rocks. To learn more about Bruster’s, visit their Web site.
6. Black pants. They’re the only color that really help hide the fat. Although, I prefer silver pants on football players, as they’re the ones that accentuate the muscles best.
7. Bandannas. They make great doggie outfits.
9. Books. I’m talking novels here. And short story compilations. I plain love to read. Maybe this will be the year I write a book?
10. Being me. I hope that doesn’t sound narcissistic. I don’t mean it, too. I just mean to say I am happy with my life. I have a great family (wonderful Hubby included) and fabulous friends. And I am thankful for all of you!